Monday, March 29, 2010

Plans for Mom's Morning Off


Mondays are one of my favorite days of the week.  The day where I get to have my cake and eat it too.  You see, I work two days a week as a dietitian, and stay home with 20-month-old Molly the rest of the time.  On Mondays, I work at 1pm, and I still send Molly to daycare in the morning.  So... I get to have a morning to myself a few times per month! 

Those of you who stay home with your kids totally get it.  We have no free daycare options (ie family) nearby, so any time we need childcare, we have to pay for it.  Thus, not a lot of breaks for mom and dad.  Molly is a very active young lady, and I am not always great at getting things done that I need/want to at home.  Monday mornings are one of those times I get to do "extra projects" that don't always get covered during naptime.

On today's to-do list:
- bake bread (it's rising in the bread machine)
- make broccoli salad (my pregnant self can't stand cooked vegetables right now)
- CLEAN OUT THE REFRIGERATOR!

You saw the picture.  It's pretty bad.  That's my plan for this morning, and I have until about 11am to get it done. 

What projects do you have hanging over your shoulders?  Is your pantry out of control?  Is your closet full of clothes a mess?  Perhaps this is the week to tackle something.  You'd be amazed at how much you can get done in an hour or two when you decide to get it done. 

Off I go, time is of the essence.  I'll post a picture when it is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment