Thursday, February 18, 2010

Winter Fruit Salad


Yum, today I was inspired to make a refreshing fresh fruit salad.  I used grapefruit, oranges, pineapple, apples and bananas.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but I cut the pieces very small, similar to what I had many years ago when I visited Brazil.  Lots of little pieces of fruit, a little fresh citrus fruit juice squeezed on top to keep the apples from turning brown, and some chopped bananas added right before serving.  The great thing about the little pieces of fruit, is that when you eat a spoonful of the fruit salad, you get several different types of fruit in the same bite and not just one big hunk at a time.  It's a bit of work to do all the chopping, but it is so delicious and unexpected in the middle of the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment