Wednesday, February 17, 2010

This Week's Meal Plan

I have not been the best at posting my meal plans lately, but we have been eating, I promise.  We sort of fell off the wagon, so to speak, with the Eat From the Pantry Challenge.  Actually, I'm being pretty hard on myself, because really, eating from the pantry is what we always do!  The challenge to not buy any groceries during the month of January is the part we failed on.  I'm not that good with rules, I guess :)

We really do eat from the pantry/freezer/storage in the basement very regularly.  I always take stock of what we have, what we need to use up and come up with our meals from there.  I am definitely not the type of cook that gets a taste for a dish and then goes out and buys all the ingredients for them, no matter the cost.  January's challenge wasn't all that different from my normal life, but I had a hard time going to the grocery store for a couple staples without picking up other items also.  We did end up spending less than we usually do, so that's a success in my book!

On to the meal plan for this week:
Monday:  Leftover "Jeff Casserole," ham, frozen corn
Tuesday:  Turkey tortilla soup from the freezer, cheese toast, zucchini from the freezer
Wednesday:  Arabic lentil soup, sauteed Brussels spouts with bacon and onions, ham sandwiches
Thursday:  Mashed potato/carrot/kale/smoked sausage casserole with saurkraut using keilbasa from our 1/4 pig
Friday:  Tacos with refried beans, rice, corn

I'm planning on making the taco meat on Thursday, so that it is ready to just heat up on Friday after work.  I am always starving and tired on work nights, so anything I can do to make life easier on myself, I'm going to try!

I've got some soup and a new recipe for Brussels sprouts to try today, so I guess I had better get cooking while Molly is napping.  Eat well and enjoy your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment