Sunday, January 17, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge: Recap of Week 2 and Week 3 Plan

Well... except for the incident last Tuesday, all is well with January's Eat From the Pantry Challenge.  I haven't been doing too much cooking, because it took us some time to get through all the food I made during week 1!  We've just been eating leftovers and scraps here and there all week, and I've taken a little time off from cooking.  Strangely... we're not exactly going hungry.

Our refrigerator is looking a little bare, so I'm back on the bandwagon and have plans to do some cooking this week.  I'll try to control myself so we're not eating leftovers for a week and a half again!  Here's our plan for the week:

Saturday:  Homemade pizza with dough, sauce and toppings from the freezer
Sunday:  Oven hamburgers, roasted vegetables, potato smiles, super easy black bean soup
Monday:  Sweet potato black bean burritos (frozen) from last week's beans and rice with avocado and salsa
Tuesday:  Country BBQ pork ribs in the crock pot, kale, potatoes
Wednesday:  Chicken tikka masala, lentil biryani, broccoli
Thursday:  Marinated pork chops, spatzle, salad, potato/bean/ham soup
Friday:  Pancakes, farm fresh eggs, grapefruit

I'm not sure when I'll go to the grocery store next.  We're set for most of the week with milk and bananas, so we'll see how long I can go!  We had quite the glut of produce last week, so I'm happily working my way to the bottom of that in preparation for my produce delivery next week.  Eat well and enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment