Thursday, January 14, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge: Fell off the Wagon... oops.

I have a confession to make:  on Tuesday night, I went to Meijer for just a couple of things, and I ended up going hog-wild with some coupons and ended up spending an extra $40.  Oops.  It's not so much the money, but the principle of it all!  We are supposed to be eating from the pantry this month, not buying more groceries.  I have no great excuse except that... I was hungry... and I'm not the greatest rule-follower... and there were some really great deals that hadn't been available in awhile... and I was hungry...

OK, I had a moment of weakness, but I will move forward and continue my journey towards eating what we have on hand and not buying more "stuff."  I shouldn't have even looked at the Meijer match-ups.  The allure of Smart Taste pasta, frozen vegetables, Lance crackers and other great deals sucked me in, and I convinced myself that it was "just a few" things, and I wouldn't buy anything else unless it was on my list.  For the conditions I set, I did pretty well.  Did I mention that this was after a swimming class, and I was hungry, and I almost bought DONUTS??  But I didn't, I put them back :)

So, I'm hoping that this public confession of mine will reassure you that whatever goal you might be working on right now, if you fall off the wagon, pick yourself up and climb back on.  The only way to reach your goal is to try again.  You're that much further ahead than when you started the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment